Aerocon blocks are widely used in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
The current era of real estate has ripened and the clichéd bricks and mortar are replaced with alternative construction materials like aerocon bricks. Innumerable properties in India are constructed with aerocon bricks and the method is rapidly flourishing.
- The newly invented aerocon blocks are constructive products in the green building revolution. They are autoclaved aerated concrete blocks which are used for the construction of walls. The materials used in the production of these blocks are certified as green products and are environment friendly .They are the alternative building materials for substituting conventional materials like walling materials, clay bricks, hollow bricks and concrete.
- Apart from being eco-friendly these blocks are also light weight with high thermal insulation and fire resistance. Buildings constructed out of these blocks ensure long term sustainability and save a lot of water during the construction. Real estate sector makes use of these blocks in various sectors like hospitals, commercial, residential and so on. These blocks have edges which allow easy and accurate workability measurement.
- They are easy to install and can complete the construction procedure in a shorter span in case of scarcity of labour and in the usage of mortars. The required time to complete a building with aerocon blocks is 1/3 lesser than that of the conventional building materials. One of the eco-friendly characteristics of aerocon blocks is that they do not emit VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) which leads to environmental pollution.
- They are available in three types; Infill blocks, Jumbo blocks and Thermal blocks. Overall the beneficial qualities of aerocon blocks are that they are light-weight, fire resistant, thermal insulated, sound insulated, have strength and durability, have consistent quality control and gives a perfect finish with dimensional stability.
- Excluding the eco-friendly characteristics of these blocks, they are also used in construction for various other reasons. There are a number of problems involved in acquiring the sand and bricks and also the prices of these basic materials are hiking up. As the traditional construction materials have a higher price the initiation of aerocon blocks acts as better substitutes with affordable prices. Due to these reasons the aerocon blocks are in great demand. Adding to it is the manufactured sand which also can be acquired without any hassle.
- In order to make use of these building materials more efficiently and make people aware of its benefits, an organised technique is required to promote them. It is very important that people are aware of the benefits of using the substitutes for construction materials.
- According to various experts related to the real estate sector, the best environment friendly construction can be acquired through the usage of manufactured sand from stone quarries and brick substitutes. This will also avoid over-exploitation of natural resources like river sand and clay.
- Aerocon blocks these days are being used in incredible projects taken up by business tycoons and real estate builders. It is also necessary that the government should start promoting these environment friendly construction substitutes to boost market acceptance.
- The government authorities have put a stop to the mining of sand due to environmental concerns but the manual operations in the sand mining have increased its prices. The sand prices have increased since the last few months and so are the brick prices due to climatic changes. Owing to all these reasons it is better that the usage of the aerocon bricks should be adopted.